Ph controller recommendations

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

other than Neptune what’s a decent ph controller for system and eventually calcium reactor? I would really like to run one on system, one on calcium reactor and one on kalkwasser but that bay be overkill

regards Duzzy

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinpoint - Hands done a very very solid tool, with many years in the hobby

OP
OP
Duzzy

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinpoint - Hands done a very very solid tool, with many years in the hobby

They look great however im not sure how they’d go with the Aussie 240v and so far (5min) I have not been able find one with aussi power supply.

regards Darren

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongly recommend that you learn to tune you CaRx and do not use a pH controller. The output is better, there is less co2 waste and your tank pH will usually be better.

However, if you have to have one the Milwaukee and PinPoint are solid, but their probes still will drift and be inaccurate over time.. even the lab grade probes which are not actually lab grade since really good lab grade probes cost many hundreds of dollars and might be close to a thousand by now.

I would only use a pH probe to monitor but even then, I would double check before making any decisions.

OP
OP
Duzzy

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I strongly recommend that you learn to tune you CaRx and do not use a pH controller. The output is better, there is less co2 waste and your tank pH will usually be better.

However, if you have to have one the Milwaukee and PinPoint are solid, but their probes still will drift and be inaccurate over time.. even the lab grade probes which are not actually lab grade since really good lab grade probes cost many hundreds of dollars and might be close to a thousand by now.

I would only use a pH probe to monitor but even then, I would double check before making any decisions.
I’d actually prefer not to have to use another bit of kit. I’d rather spend it on something else. If it can be done manually I’d prefer to do that. Same goes for the kalkwasser I imagine.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a document in my signature that explains how to tune a CaRx by hand. It might seem hard at first, but eventually you just get it and then you are set for life. I used to help people step by step and then they always just stopped writing them - this is when they got it.

I can usually just look at the bubbles and drips on mine and know if I am Ok, or not. All that I test is alk effluent and I do not even do that very often anymore. Salifert is the best kit to test alk effluent since it is cheap and already goes to quite high levels without even getting a second syringe.

OP
OP
Duzzy

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a document in my signature that explains how to tune a CaRx by hand. It might seem hard at first, but eventually you just get it and then you are set for life. I used to help people step by step and then they always just stopped writing them - this is when they got it.

I can usually just look at the bubbles and drips on mine and know if I am Ok, or not. All that I test is alk effluent and I do not even do that very often anymore. Salifert is the best kit to test alk effluent since it is cheap and already goes to quite high levels without even getting a second syringe.
Awesome I’ll have a read. Are you dosing kalkwasser Is that your all? Thankyou.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 39 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back