PH drops after replacing CO2 media ?

FxdupCobra

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2014
Messages
114
Reaction score
30
Location
Los Angeles
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added a CO2 scrubber. This is now, the second time that I change the media out and my PH drops. It eventually goes back up but wondering why it drops when I put new CO2 media?

Average 8.1-8.35

When old media is taken out and new media is put in: 7.9-8.15
 
I think I may have figured out the issue. I noticed there was an air gap between the media and the sponge which is on the top of the reactor. I added more media to eliminate the air gap and it looks like now my low PH is back to 8.1. Fingers crossed!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new