pH Fluctuation and Levels

Michael Hull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to APEX and both loving it and being overwhelmed by data and tracking. Are these levels and fluctuations OK?

That most recent drop in last day is cus I threw in a dose of Melafix to help with some fin nipping on our Marine Betta, but I think its holding just fine. I'm going to start with kalk in Tunze ATO once I get through this period, and am testing Alk twice daily right now.
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 10.12.06 AM.png

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those readings look normal to me based on lights being on or off.

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am relatively new to the Apex also. My tank has a similar pattern of pH rising and falling over 24 hours. It is normal and expected. Watching the various parameters rise and fall is like watching the tank ecosystem breathe over the course of time. Very different then discrete testing.

If you look at an actual comparison of the pH rise and fall with the main display lights, you see a bit of a time offset. In this case, tan/orange is the pH, pink the T5 lights (amps), and purple the LED lights (amps).
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 9.30.46 PM.png

It turns out that tank temperature and pH are more closely aligned temporally. Orange is pH and green is temperature.
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 9.22.55 PM.png

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back