PH Help

TinCanHero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I struggled with PH when i moved to my new house. 7.8 tops during day and 7.3-4 at night. I got a co2 scrubber and now I have the opposite problem. I now run a bypass on a solenoid to outside so when PH hits 8.4 it will bypass the scrubber.

My PH now sits at 8.4-8.45 sometimes hitting 8.5. Its great!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have my protein skimmer on just for bubbles, 3 powerheads in a 90G with some surface agitation plus neither the tank nor the sump are covered/sealed. I'd like to keep this simple and not grow any more stuff or add more equipment but will look into a CO2 scrubber and adding more aeration.

I'd personally work to confirm the pH 7.6 reading as accurate before I made any changes. :)

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd personally work to confirm the pH 7.6 reading as accurate before I made any changes. :)
Just ordered some high range API kit. Problem with probes is that I’m kinda lazy when it comes to storing/cleaning/calibrating. At least with a kit/drops it’ll give me a second method to check even though I really hate trying to figure what shade something is.
I should have checked to see if there was a Hanna egg ph device.

Huey_Gnr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having just a co2 scrubber exposed to inside air will expire the media fast. Recirculating co2 scrubber has been the game changer for me. My ph is always between 8.1-8.4. Media lasts for 3-4 weeks now.
+1

I wrestled with the same pH issues, and once I set up the co2 scrubber off my air intake to the skimmer, my pH has remained consist at 8.3-8.5. I get about 3 weeks to my media as well.

workhz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not rely on a pH kit from any company since they are difficult to verify for accuracy.
Well. Guess I need to clean, hydrate and calibrate my Hanna probe. This certainly isn’t 7.6.

D17F6D8E-621F-4F5B-BA79-0F156D0E82B1.jpeg

Back