ph issues looking for other ideas other than co2 scrubber

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used a co2 scrubber in the past on other tanks. I am looking for other ways to raise my ph now. everything has gone up in price. looking for other ides. airline to the outside, kalk, air pump? I have done the air pump water test and it is co2 in the room, if outside what size tubing would be recommended half in diameter inch diameter?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used a co2 scrubber in the past on other tanks. I am looking for other ways to raise my ph now. everything has gone up in price. looking for other ides. airline to the outside, kalk, air pump? I have done the air pump water test and it is co2 in the room, if outside what size tubing would be recommended half in diameter inch diameter?
I just use 1/4" ridged to the outside.

OP
OP
sergifed91

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use 1/4" ridged to the outside.
how long of a run did you have to the outside. Im going to open up a window and the run it outside. figured it wouldn't mess up the co2 levels in the room since there is no wind and at all. actually even if there is wind it comes from the west the window is on the east side of the house.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long of a run did you have to the outside. Im going to open up a window and the run it outside. figured it wouldn't mess up the co2 levels in the room since there is no wind and at all. actually even if there is wind it comes from the west the window is on the east side of the house.
I actually run about 25/30 foot of so. It goes to my garage door which is very leaky. ([cracked, doesn't fit well] but works and my wife isn't complaining yet) lol.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 3/8” Soft Tubing to an outside jar, filled with Dacron/Charcoal/Dacron. That tubing goes to a 1/2 PVC Pipe manifold I made. 1/4” Lee’s Rigid tubing is inserted in the manifold. I took an air pump apart, drilled the sides, so the incoming air would “wash” the coil to keep it cool. Sealed Pump up with GE Silicone for Plastics, while reassembling. Came off of the double ports, to the Skimmer and air stones in various tanks.

Back