PH issues

p1u5h13r4m24

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2015
Messages
1,570
Reaction score
2,193
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have recently upgrade my tank from a 60g to 120g system. When I had a 60g my ph never dropped below 8.0 even at night. Now with the 120 I’m dropping to 7.65 at night and 8.1 max during the day. This is not a probe issue I test with 2 probes and I’ve checked them with solution they are accurate. I use kalkwasser in my ato. I have a line ran outside connected to my skimmer. I have a c02 monitor in my house when windows are open it’s around 420 ppm with them closed it averages 6-700ppm. I’ve read that even 8-1000ppm I should still have 8.0 ph. I notice when I feed a bit less I have a little better ph but I’m already only feeding about 1 cube a day. I’m lost I’m not sure what to do but I’ve lost about 2-3k in sps so far. Any ideas would be great
 
Where is your tank located?
Are you using the same skimmer?
 
I crank my kalk stirrer pretty hard to keep pH up over night. Four liters into a 300G system. My ATO rarely needs to kick on. I can finally open the windows and that helps a ton.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new