PH Probe Replacement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems that my PH probe has a crack in it and is leaking voltage into my tank, so it needs to be replaced. It looks like the BRS probe has the same connection as the GHL PH probe. While the cost difference is minimal, I'd rather not add shipping for one probe from GHL. Does anyone know definitively if I can use the BRS probe (or any probe for that matter) with the Profilux?

OP
OP
bluprntguy

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stray voltage from a probe?
Is that a thing?

Seems like that is how they work. I guess I should be more careful. I’m sure I damaged it while cleaning the sump.

That does sound odd. How do you know the voltage is coming from the pH probe? And if you are measuring it, how much?

Process of elimination over many months. Also, you can see there is a crack in the glass around the probe and it hurts when you stupidly touch the end of the probe.

I noticed tingling sometimes when I put my hand in the tank. It felt like when you put a 9 volt battery on your tongue. Tested with a multimeter and it was 5-6, which isn‘t high. I kept searching though to figure out what was wrong.

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems that my PH probe has a crack in it and is leaking voltage into my tank, so it needs to be replaced. It looks like the BRS probe has the same connection as the GHL PH probe. While the cost difference is minimal, I'd rather not add shipping for one probe from GHL. Does anyone know definitively if I can use the BRS probe (or any probe for that matter) with the Profilux?

i think if it has the same plug it should. I am using a Tunze one on mine.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like that is how they work. I guess I should be more careful. I’m sure I damaged it while cleaning the sump.

Process of elimination over many months. Also, you can see there is a crack in the glass around the probe and it hurts when you stupidly touch the end of the probe.

I noticed tingling sometimes when I put my hand in the tank. It felt like when you put a 9 volt battery on your tongue. Tested with a multimeter and it was 5-6, which isn‘t high. I kept searching though to figure out what was wrong.
Learn something new every day, thanks.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back