Ph Question

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
609
Location
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I just got my Apex unit now i can tel whats going on.Which I always new my ph would swing but going from 7.7 in the morning to 8.1 at night,and as soon as I cut the lights off,that is when it starts to drop,Should i be concerned with this swing?

oh and Alk is steadey @ 8.3 and cal 450
plus all other are right on...

Ive always had problems with ph dropping
 
no ph will swing during night mode .. it drops even in oceans ..
 
People with sumps run their lights on there opposite the DT to keep the PH from swinging, but for those of us that don't have one, it does go up and down with the lights. Thats just nature. It won't harm anything.
 
People with sumps run their lights on there opposite the DT to keep the PH from swinging, but for those of us that don't have one, it does go up and down with the lights. Thats just nature. It won't harm anything.

I run my light down there.but always goes down,Is it something in the house causing it, am I breathing to much lol

So i probably dont need to worry then..
 
if not maybe run airline from protien skimmer out to your window could be fresh air circulation needed
 
LOL. Na, no worries. DO you run the lights opposite your DT lighting? Do you have Macro Algae in the Sump? Thats what keeps the PH stabilized.
 
run your sump lights on when your tank is out thats what i do
I do ,I use a 6500k spiral bulb,Im guessing its not strong enough ,
also wondering if it has something to do with the 30g frag tank ,its a 24x24x12 where the top is wide open.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new