Ph rteqdings

  • Thread starter Thread starter drewtx1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

drewtx1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2018
Messages
57
Reaction score
58
Location
Beaumont
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just switch to hydros from apex (only reason I switched was my EB832 started smoking,old version,bought years ago) My PH by apex probe was always around 8.32. I run kalkwasser also. Got hydros all installed and calibrated the PH probe. It reads 7.95. Just to compare i plugged the apex probe into the X4, PH jumped to 8.02. Im not worried just curious is it just a swing with different manufacturers probes? I know it's not much of a swing just curious is all
 
I just switch to hydros from apex (only reason I switched was my EB832 started smoking,old version,bought years ago) My PH by apex probe was always around 8.32. I run kalkwasser also. Got hydros all installed and calibrated the PH probe. It reads 7.95. Just to compare i plugged the apex probe into the X4, PH jumped to 8.02. Im not worried just curious is it just a swing with different manufacturers probes? I know it's not much of a swing just curious is all
Gonna bump this for you off unanswered. It is odd maybe try new probe
 
Upvote 0
Just updating this, I got a Hanna pH tester. So the probe Hydros sent me is correct. My apex was wrong. Tester pH= 7.9, probe = 7.97 i did switch salts when filling the tank Tropic Marin Pro-reef salt. I also have a tub in the garage been running for 2 months. I use Red sea coral pro salt in that. It tests at 8.2 pH with hanna tester. Of course I know fresh air can get into the garage better that inside my house which could be for the higher pH reading outside. Not sure if the salts matter. In the past I always used Red Sea coral pro. Just switch to Tropic Marin as that's all the store had.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new