PH

MaddReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently dosing vinegar , I have a 450g 96x42x24. My Ph is 7.6 - 7.9. If I tried bio pellets would there be less of an affect on the ph ? Ive got a 5ft skimmer plumbed with outside air coming in. Looking for a way to increase PH like a million other people. Any other options ?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s crazy low . I would guess and say you are also running a cal reactor ?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All types of organic carbon dosing end up largely as CO2, which lowers pH. Vinegar does a lot of the pH drop initially, while vodka does more later when it is metabolized. Pellets too. Spreading out the drop can be beneficial and make the drop Less overall as the tank has a chance to blue off the excess CO2.

for manual Vinegar dosing, it can have its pH raised with calcium hydroxide.

OP
OP
MaddReefer

MaddReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All types of organic carbon dosing end up largely as CO2, which lowers pH. Vinegar does a lot of the pH drop initially, while vodka does more later when it is metabolized. Pellets too. Spreading out the drop can be beneficial and make the drop Less overall as the tank has a chance to blue off the excess CO2.

for manual Vinegar dosing, it can have its pH raised with calcium hydroxide.

Thanks , Ill try and spread it over a longer period, I think Im at 12 hours now.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 45 42.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.6%
Back