Philips Coral Care Gen 2 Coming to U.S

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m wondering if these will have the UV white chips mixed in with royal blue white chips. Full spectrum covered. This is my bet. If so, I’ll get one. I read an article about Philips using 380 or 410nm chips to produce white light. I can’t find the link but the spectrograph showed it dipping out and not emitting blue with a cri in the 90’s. If these were combined with the 460nm phosphor coated LED then this could be awesome. Since Philips is creating this for reef tanks I can’t imagine they’d not know how awesome they would be for doing this. This would be a true full spectrum light covering from 380nm to 720nm. No missing spectrum. Everybody is so secretive these days. And they announce products WAY too soon and provide no info on their products. I wonder if I emailed them and just asked them directly if Philips will tell me.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kyocera, Yuji and SORRA use violet pump white emitters..
There a various "issues" w/ the tech.. like lower efficiency, shorter lifespan and unstable blue phosphors.
NOW this is a bit dated so currently ???

Wave of the future or just exotic side branch?

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only 6 different leds ?
I’m comparing to the new xr30 blue 10 and orphek 16 different kind of leds.

F527AD82-6243-4B0F-BE56-03DFA6E70AB4.png

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still not available for sale. Ridiculous. It’s like they’re trying to “NOT” sell them. LoL Just saying. Gonna pass on this idea as I’m burnt out on them. I have enough light. ;)

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still not available for sale. Ridiculous. It’s like they’re trying to “NOT” sell them. LoL Just saying. Gonna pass on this idea as I’m burnt out on them. I have enough light. ;)

Thanks for stopping by? Not really sure what you were looking for lol.

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well world is kinda on Lock down. So no wonder they and many other products are/will be deleyed.

Oiva, my post was March 3rd. Lockdown wasn’t until March 20th. I’ve seen the lights on tanks. I went to Coralvue and could select it like it was available but couldn’t go further. No pricing. I was directed to some stores locally, but they didn’t have any. March 25th was when I saw the message from Philips CoralCare. I’m a fan of the possibilities.

Thanks for stopping by? Not really sure what you were looking for lol.

“AbjectMaelstroM”. Not sure where you’re going at all. Thank you for thanking me for stopping by. LoL. I was here commenting about the subject of this thread.
I use to manufacture 1/24 scale WW2 Battle Ships From masters to shippable product in less than 2 months. So my knowledge of manufacturing means I don’t understand a product taking so long to reach the market. Philips is a very large, very old Co. Concept to sale-able product should be under a year or you’re just trailing I think. I was expressing frustration at the light still not being available. That’s all.

Oiva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oiva, my post was March 3rd. Lockdown wasn’t until March 20th. I’ve seen the lights on tanks. I went to Coralvue and could select it like it was available but couldn’t go further. No pricing. I was directed to some stores locally, but they didn’t have any. March 25th was when I saw the message from Philips CoralCare. I’m a fan of the possibilities.

Well they said it would come out by end of March in Europe. Lockdown happens by end of March. So i still think its a valid excuse.

Also lockdown happened before 20th were i live and in other European places.

I dont live in the US or have ever delt with US aquarium dealers. But Philips have stated it would be sold in Europe by end of March and will then come out in April for US market. If dealers in the US want to sell it and promisse earlier release dates its their fault and not Philips.

I need new lamps for my 600G coming this week. And i will be waiting a bit more before i look at alternatives.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the final items prior to sale in international markets is UL/CE and other certifications prior to allowing first international shipments. COVID has had a significant impact on certification test labs and agencies worldwide. I have no doubt that a lack of final certification is preventing these units from shipping to the US. As can be easily seen on youtube, they are selling, and working, very well in Europe.

So sit tight, this light will arrive in coming weeks/months, as will the ATI LED panel.

I saw one of the protos of the CoralCare G2 last weekend. Impressive size, impressive distribution, awesome in its silence (passive cooling), cool in how they are controlled, TBD on how well the app control works, but the unit looked great. Unless the straton busts onto the market in some epic fashion, I'll be running CoralCare G2s over my next tank. No fan noise, great PAR and spread? if it is all true, then yes please. I want to see the spectrum, but man it sure looked awesome.

Just gotta get through the darn COVID stuff...

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to show my age. GE, Sylvania, Phillips. These were the big players in reef lighting circa 1980s,in the US. I would go through a very thick book call Grainger, and it would have most of your lighting and fluorescent, very high output, high output, vapor bulbs, metal halide bulbs, Mercury bulbs, you get the picture. This book would have your specs for each type of bulb. Kelvins, what type of base, mogul, t27, t12, etc...That's how high tech , the 80's was. We only used Kelvin ratings to determine best spectrum for our corals. ...Hahaha

Phillips is getting back into the game of aquarium lighting, here in the states. Does anyone have any info on these lighting systems very well known in Europe they say.

Philips-CoralCare-led-gen-2-black.jpg Philips-CoralCare-led-gen-2-white.jpg
yes $800 I just googled it

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back