Philips CoralCare LED - Let the Testing Begin!

MentalNote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, wow, wow. I’m reading a light review and it turned into a detective novel. Glad it has a happy ending and the good guys won. Light seems interesting too.

Chibils

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this fixture takes off here and shows more reefers what actual white light can do for certain acropora. I also hope it invites more companies to experiment with other ways of making led fixtures. Seems like we keep seeing the same fixture over and over no matter who is making it. I won’t have leds over my larger tanks any time soon but if companies start being inventive like this and start cutting out failure points, that’s what will make me switch. The whole heat, and money savings trick won’t do it for me.
I hear ya. This is probably the first fixture that would make me consider switching away from halides/T5, both because of the results it's getting (by trying to replicate the results of T5) and because of the color spectrum. I swear we need a new term for lights that are bluer than 20k, because that's what I see a lot of tanks running at. I'm looking at starting up a tank in the next few months, and the CoralCare is looking promising...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back