Philips CoralCare LED - Let the Testing Begin!

Wow, wow, wow. I’m reading a light review and it turned into a detective novel. Glad it has a happy ending and the good guys won. Light seems interesting too.
 
I hope this fixture takes off here and shows more reefers what actual white light can do for certain acropora. I also hope it invites more companies to experiment with other ways of making led fixtures. Seems like we keep seeing the same fixture over and over no matter who is making it. I won’t have leds over my larger tanks any time soon but if companies start being inventive like this and start cutting out failure points, that’s what will make me switch. The whole heat, and money savings trick won’t do it for me.
I hear ya. This is probably the first fixture that would make me consider switching away from halides/T5, both because of the results it's getting (by trying to replicate the results of T5) and because of the color spectrum. I swear we need a new term for lights that are bluer than 20k, because that's what I see a lot of tanks running at. I'm looking at starting up a tank in the next few months, and the CoralCare is looking promising...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new