Philips Lumileds LUXEON Rebel Color LEDs now with more power

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
philips-lumileds-rebel-logo.jpg

Philips Lumileds LUXEON Rebel Color LEDs just got a major boost with the company stating industry-leading performance increases for color LEDs. With the integration of other colors into the reef lighting mix, having an increased performance means getting more output, better efficiency and moving color LEDs closer to the output we’ve been seeing in the white LED realm. More details and analysis after the break.

With architectural, city beautification, entertainment, and traffic and signaling applications of LED lighting in high demand this is driving the industry to create more powerful and efficient lighting. Philip’s red and red-orange LUXEON Rebel LEDs are boasting 40% more light and are 50% more efficient. The company’s blue LEDs, where hobbyists are probably paying the most attention, are currently leading the market in lumens per Watt. Philips LUXEON Royal Blue, which is finding its way into reefing applications and is the base for the company’s white LEDs, is now delivering 875 milliwatts (mW) at 700 mA up from 740mW.

Read more here: Reef Builders - Philips Lumileds LUXEON Rebel Color LEDs now with more power

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back