Phillips CoralCare V2; 2020 US release

RRTV-Cody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’d you get your hands on those. I know I replied earlier in your other thread that I’m not a big gear head, but this particular light introduction to the market is interesting and I’m excited to see Dana’s tests of them. Not in the market just interesting to see from over here in the peanut gallery
Lol for sure. I'm primarily a youtuber, Philips wants to get their story out and I agreed to help them do it. My goal is to help others make informed decisions when buying so I'll be posting specs, like par and spread, as well as mounting options, seems like that's of interest here and my experience with the control software and how it treats my corals. I'll be swapping out 8 fixtures for so I'm excited for this to work oh and from 6 running fans (on lights) to 0.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't wait to see Dana's findings, especially on spectral shift analysis and PAR consistency with the shimmer. When BRS did their video on the G1, it was in the league of its own as far as spectrum shift, or rather lack there of, and PAR consistency (up there with T5s).

This might be the light to beat in 2020 and beyond.

RRTV-Cody

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see Dana's findings, especially on spectral shift analysis and PAR consistency with the shimmer. When BRS did their video on the G1, it was in the league of its own as far as spectrum shift, or rather lack there of, and PAR consistency (up there with T5s).

This might be the light to beat in 2020 and beyond.
Yeah I went back and watched that video and was amazed at the blanket of light. They look better now too! And no fan, no large power supply to mount.. those are just specs, excited to get them into action on my 300g DD

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol for sure. I'm primarily a youtuber, Philips wants to get their story out and I agreed to help them do it. My goal is to help others make informed decisions when buying so I'll be posting specs, like par and spread, as well as mounting options, seems like that's of interest here and my experience with the control software and how it treats my corals. I'll be swapping out 8 fixtures for so I'm excited for this to work oh and from 6 running fans (on lights) to 0.

Reducing the # of fixtures is huge and will play well in a video. :) It would be a marketer's dream if everybody who buys the CoralCare to replace fixtures with loud fans would record the noise "before and after" so people can hear the difference. They can get pretty loud.

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reducing the # of fixtures is huge and will play well in a video. :) It would be a marketer's dream if everybody who buys the CoralCare to replace fixtures with loud fans would record the noise "before and after" so people can hear the difference. They can get pretty loud.

Unfortunately, at least in my case, the lights aren't the loudest part of the setup. I have 2 viparspectra lights, each with 2 80mm fans. Even at 100 percent they are are about 20-21dba...and I can't hear them over my Cones Q-2 Skimmer.

I guess if nothing else, it's one less thing that can break... Not having to clean out dust from between tiny fins is a plus as well.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turns out I misunderstood and the lights only include the hanging kit. We are forecasting that tank mounts and rail kits will be available by launch. I apologize for the bad intel! I updated my previous post so I don't get anyone else's hopes up. Sorry, ya'll!

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turns out I misunderstood and the lights only include the hanging kit. We are forecasting that tank mounts and rail kits will be available by launch. I apologize for the bad intel! I updated my previous post so I don't get anyone else's hopes up. Sorry, ya'll!

Is there there going to be a way to link the lights with like a aluminum bar like the first gen hydra 52 that way to use minimal hanging on on each side.
I just don’t want to hang 3 lights from 3 separate hanging kits.

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine the lights suck.

I know they don’t, I’m just saying

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff if I where to add them to my 310 (8' tank) I would use a 1" angle iron frame like I use with my AI and Build My Led fixtures as seen below since I hate wire wire hanging from the ceiling

2-5-20.jpg

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on overall impression, par, spread? Do you think 1 of these would be good for a 48x24x10 lowboy? Goal mostly sps say the center 36 inches, with zoas, mushroom or freshly cut sps on the 6-10 inches on each end.

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am told pricing is out for these? Almost $900 each and then $150 for a control box? Gosh I hope that's wrong. Undercutting Ecotech would have been the smarter move...

Lets hope these can show decent par at that wide-diffuse spread and at spectrums that matter to modern reefers (aka AB+ look).

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am told pricing is out for these? Almost $900 each and then $150 for a control box? Gosh I hope that's wrong. Undercutting Ecotech would have been the smarter move...

One of these fixtures can replace 2 or 3 Radion's. I think undercutting has been accomplished.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back