Phillips CoralCare V2; 2020 US release

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s gonna be very interesting to see how all these new lights stack up! We’ve got the new G5’s, ati Straton (if it ever shows up), and Neptune’s new light (apparently inspired by the Coralcare). Very excited to see these panel style lights coming out! I wonder if we will see Ecotech go bigger with the new G5?

I’ll be at the front of the line when the Coralcare becomes available! The reefdudes video was nice to see a little preview on this thing! I’ve heard so many positive things from those who’ve seen it in the flesh!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like being aware of what’s available. Truthfully I feel like disclosing the diodes is a matter of honesty and transparency. If it’s kept secret that is worrisome to me. Seems like an excuse to provide lower quality components without having to answer for it. I could be wrong but that is my initial gut reaction to it. It’s Philips though so you know it’ll be good. Just would be nice to at least know the array

This is Philips we're talking about here, so this is really where they have the opportunity to shine. I don't think there's anything low quality about this light at all from the pictures staff at headquarters are sharing with me. Competitors are already cribbing what this light is doing and it's not even out yet, so my guess is they're doling out a little bit of information at a time as not to give others any more of a leg up than they already have with this kind of lead time.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Philips we're talking about here, so this is really where they have the opportunity to shine. I don't think there's anything low quality about this light at all from the pictures staff at headquarters are sharing with me. Competitors are already cribbing what this light is doing and it's not even out yet, so my guess is they're doling out a little bit of information at a time as not to give others any more of a leg up than they already have with this kind of lead time.
Right I totally believe they’ll be releasing something commercial quality. Just really curious what the diode layout will be. Full disclosure I’m not even in the market. Just like being in the know on what is out there. Plus my hospital uses all Philips gear so I tend to like them as a brand by default

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just already decided I'll need 3 tanks, one for each coralvue, Stratton and orphek.

source.gif

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12x Luxeon C 470nm
22x Luxeon C 450nm
4x Luxeon C PC-Amber
4x Luxeon C Cyan (490nm)
6x Luxeon UV U1 415nm
20x Luxeon V2 6500k

Just spotted these listed in the Reef Builders Product Review! ;Woot

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heh I don't know why people expect these to be budget lights....

Right? It’s got a custom (and from what it seems) pretty powerful software package, very high end commercial grade materials manufactured by one of the leaders in lighting tech and uses some of the best diodes on the market. It’s not a black box.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glad that ya'll are going to be the distributor, Jeff

Philips bombed out on the US market in 2016, but the Gen 2 version looks a lot sleeker than the first one.

Any idea when they will be available in the US market?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heh I don't know why people expect these to be budget lights....

Well I do not expect them to be budget but cheaper than other high end led fixtures in the industry.
Partly because they make their own leds. They do not buy them from someone else. Someone like Ecotech has to purchase them.
Also A company the size of Philips and produces allot of light fixtures has to buy allot of material and that has to come at a discount. They make lights for allot of different industries. They also got the manufacturing muscle.

Last edited:

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have to say, disappointing to see a 1 year warranty on this fixture, considering EU Gen1 was 2 years.

This isn't yet confirmed, but I believe you are right about the 2-year warranty. We've updated our website accordingly unless we hear otherwise.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back