Phlizon 165w settings?

EvanStorzuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single coral that was gifted to me and I’m trying to keep alive while I cycle my big tank. it had opened up a bit since I got it, but it contracted back in slightly a couple hours ago. I’m just wondering what height and setting I should put my 165w phlizon light at. The tank is 12” tall and the coral is just sitting at the bottom.

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18 to 24 inches and try 50 percent blue and 10 percent white and work up to 100 percent blue an 20 percent white or there about. Whatever looks good for you.

OP
OP
E

EvanStorzuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
18 to 24 inches and try 50 percent blue and 10 percent white and work up to 100 percent blue an 20 percent white or there about. Whatever looks good for you.

That seemed to have worked a bit better. It looked alot happier in the morning but it has closed up a little bit, not as much as before, but its mouth is completely hidden. Im just worried the light is too intense for it.

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you turn the light way down and put it up higher just about everything can adjust.
They are "too bright" with 100 percent on both channels for sure.
I have seen coral farms in folks basement where they have this type of light 4 feet above their tanks. IT's good value once you get it dialed in.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back