Phoenix area aquarium stores

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel that all the stores here have something to offer. We’re lucky to have so many local fish stores here. We also have a couple high quality national vendors for coral here (Epic Aquaculture and BSA Corals).

Limited Edition Corals easily has the best selection of corals in town. They have stuff for every price range. I don’t get my fish from them any longer, because they keep them in hypo salinity (usually around 1.012 or 1.013).

I prefer to buy fish from Kona, Aquarium Arts, Reef Monsters or Artistic. Not necessarily in that order.

Discount is the place to go for equipment, all though the store can be pretty cluttered at times. If you’re buying new equipment, he’ll usually give you 10% the MSRP. Chris also does a ton for the local reefing community (hosting frag swaps, supporting schools with reef tanks, etc).

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of Kona. Going to have to check it out.
They’ve got a couple stores in the valley. One off of the 51, in centralish Phoenix, and recently opened a store in Chandler. They also had a store in Surprise, but I think they were moving locations, and ran in to some permitting issues with the city. I believe it’s still closed. Their stores are very clean. I think their fish prices are in the ballpark, but their coral prices are pretty high. They do have some nice collector pieces, or larger colonies if that’s what someone is looking for. Definitely worth checking out.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve got a couple stores in the valley. One off of the 51, in centralish Phoenix, and recently opened a store in Chandler. They also had a store in Surprise, but I think they were moving locations, and ran in to some permitting issues with the city. I believe it’s still closed. Their stores are very clean. I think their fish prices are in the ballpark, but their coral prices are pretty high. They do have some nice collector pieces, or larger colonies if that’s what someone is looking for. Definitely worth checking out.
The Chandler store is great! I felt like I was in a Disney store. A pond with a tree in the middle. On other side of the store is a large waterfall. I bought an Eco-Gorg years ago from them. 5” tall, it’s now 18”. Nice owners as well.
DAA7CC2F-7C9D-402B-93C1-4DE2AA3422F1.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeremiah G

Jeremiah G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Chandler store is great! I felt like I was in a Disney store. A pond with a tree in the middle. On other side of the store is a large waterfall. I bought an Eco-Gorg years ago from them. 5” tall, it’s now 18”. Nice owners as well.
DAA7CC2F-7C9D-402B-93C1-4DE2AA3422F1.jpeg
Thats an awesome Gorgonian-- I will definitely be getting some for my new tank :)

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats an awesome Gorgonian-- I will definitely be getting some for my new tank :)
Thanks, Hold on to them long enough and they turn into show pieces. Here’s one at the other end of the tank. Easily 20” 4 years old.
44F78B87-5E3A-4EDE-8B5E-3DCF25B8A9E5.jpeg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its crazy I've never been to Kona ill have to check it out.
Totally forgot about Limited Edition Only been there a cpl times but they did have decent selection of corals. Wife snagged her rfa's at LE.

Back