Phone clip on lens kit

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to get one of the clip on lens kits for my phone. I'm leaning towards the Orphek one but I'm worried it isn't large enough for my phones camera module. My phone is the Note20 Ultra that has 3 cameras one above the other, and then a laser focus beside of the middle camera. Has anyone used a lens kit with this phone or a phone that has a similar camera module?
I looked at other brands but they all seems to be about the same size.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Orphek lens kit and it's really great. However, I haven't used it much after I upgraded to the Iphone 13 pro, mostly because the cameras sensors on the phone can handle blue light extremely well compared to my previous Iphone SE.

I still use the Orphek camera lens filter from time to time when I feel I need it. It just takes a bit of getting used to, because it doesn't cover all three cameras at the same time. So, you have to know which camera your phone is using at the moment, and then shift the filter lens over that camera lens. Hopefully that made sense.

Edit: I'm almost positive they'll make a newer version of the camera filter for these new phones at some point. I'm assuming the phone cameras will continue to improve and be a big selling point for phone manufacturers.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orphek should be large enough to cover the cameras on your galaxy. I still use my orphek yellow filter over my pixel 6 pro which has multiple cameras. Its large enough to fit over the primary and telephoto, which allows me to get some nice macro shots. if you are wanting to use macro plus one of the filters, it wont be big enough to fit over the lens without some coning

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Orphek lens kit and it's really great. However, I haven't used it much after I upgraded to the Iphone 13 pro, mostly because the cameras sensors on the phone can handle blue light extremely well compared to my previous Iphone SE.

I still use the Orphek camera lens filter from time to time when I feel I need it. It just takes a bit of getting used to, because it doesn't cover all three cameras at the same time. So, you have to know which camera your phone is using at the moment, and then shift the filter lens over that camera lens. Hopefully that made sense.

Edit: I'm almost positive they'll make a newer version of the camera filter for these new phones at some point. I'm assuming the phone cameras will continue to improve and be a big selling point for phone manufacturers.
I had considered the fact that I could possibly just move it over the lens that it's using, but I wasn't positive if the phone takes a image with all lenses then splices the image together or not. Plus I'm not sure what happens if the laser auto focus gets covered.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The orphek should be large enough to cover the cameras on your galaxy. I still use my orphek yellow filter over my pixel 6 pro which has multiple cameras. Its large enough to fit over the primary and telephoto, which allows me to get some nice macro shots. if you are wanting to use macro plus one of the filters, it wont be big enough to fit over the lens without some coning
I saw some reviews that said it can't cover the 3 lenses on a iPhone pro (I don't remember which model) and it's lenses are in a triangular pattern, so I assumed it probably won't cover my 3 lenses that are in a row.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had considered the fact that I could possibly just move it over the lens that it's using, but I wasn't positive if the phone takes a image with all lenses then splices the image together or not. Plus I'm not sure what happens if the laser auto focus gets covered.
You can block one of the cameras and sensors while you takes pictures to see what would happen.

here ya go, the new wider ones

Daaang- that was way faster than I anticipated. I just bought the previous version like 3 months ago ;Inpain

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw some reviews that said it can't cover the 3 lenses on a iPhone pro (I don't remember which model) and it's lenses are in a triangular pattern, so I assumed it probably won't cover my 3 lenses that are in a row.
I would check to see if you need all 3 cameras. my cameras are also in a row, but I only need the lens to cover the primary and the telephoto, which is located right next to the primary. I don't shoot in ultra wide, so the last lens getting covered up is not a problem.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check to see if you need all 3 cameras. my cameras are also in a row, but I only need the lens to cover the primary and the telephoto, which is located right next to the primary. I don't shoot in ultra wide, so the last lens getting covered up is not a problem.
You're probably right that I don't need all 3 at the same time, and I realize it would be easy to test by just covering each lens with my finger. I've already purchases the bigger set anyway so it won't matter now. I'm hoping the bigger set may be able to be used with my dslr camera as well. Although I have no idea what size the lenses are for it (I know nearly nothing about photography).

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna piggy back on this thread if anyone can recommend a filter kit for a standard 55mm camera lens I haven't found any.
They're not marketed for aquarium use and I have absolutely no clue if any of them are appropriate for aquarium use but I found this kit that is 55mm. Again I know nothing about photography so it may not be right at all.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back