Phosguard

TPATankNano

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would you reccomend using in tank?
 
How long would you reccomend using in tank?

What are you attempting to do with it?

If you are lowering phosphates from a high level, I would warn that this stuff lowers it really fast sometimes and it can shock your tank. I would use 1/4-1/2 the amount recommended and test to make sure it doesn’t drop too fast. It is really easy to zero out phosphates with Phosguard or GFO in my experience. Which is not typically a good thing unless you have a fish only system.
 
What are you attempting to do with it?

If you are lowering phosphates from a high level, I would warn that this stuff lowers it really fast sometimes and it can shock your tank. I would use 1/4-1/2 the amount recommended and test to make sure it doesn’t drop too fast. It is really easy to zero out phosphates with Phosguard or GFO in my experience. Which is not typically a good thing unless you have a fish only system.

Trying to cut down some of the algae in the tank. Thanks for the tip. It’s in a sealed bag that I placed in the filter media rack. I’ll pull it out in a day or so.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new