Phosphate and Green Algae Control

Lisa Cain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Months ago I had a problem with green algae. I used 12% hydrogen peroxide on the rocks, added phosguard, and performed weekly water changes. It worked the green algae died and went away. My water parameters are okay and the store where I take my water to be tested stated that the phosphate levels were okay. I now notice that green is coming back on the rocks which mean the green algae may be trying to come back. My first question is why is it coming back if my water parameters are wonderful and what can I do to stop it? I do not want to add peroxide to the water in the aquarium because I do not want to harm my corals. What shoulld I do?

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
testing can show low PO4 and NO3 because the algae is sucking it up. What your lighting setup? Too strong of a set will promote algae growth.

saltyairman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to conduct an experiment with revive coral dip to see if it works I have four coral frags with GHA on them and I’m going to dip them all in revive coral dip to see if the GHA can be killed by it I will let you all know the results of this in 24hours

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back