Phosphate in rodi water

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently by accident had hot water run through my rodi unit. Its a brs 4 stage. I am aware that the membrane got destroyed during that. Is the ro membrane responsible for removing phosphate from the water? i bought a new membrane and a 2 way tds monitor from brs yesterday. I used the hanna ulr phos and measured my rodi and it measured to .04 ppm phos. Also is the 4 stage adequate chicago land area water? Ive been using it for the last year and replacing the di resin and filters every 5 months ish. Is there anything i could look into upgrading on it.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great lakes water is about 7.1-7.3 pH with a TDS from 100-130
I’ve used metro water in a pinch. once or twice won’t lead to algae issues
A 4 stage is plenty if your metro water is from the Lake, river water, I dunno
Can’t speak on membrane

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not 100% sure how much po4 gets through a properly working Rodi system, but I’ve always understood the food we add to our closed environments to be the greatest source of po4. Sometimes gfo helps removing po4 down to a desired level.

OP
OP
Fishko

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am eager to get the tds probe installed on my unit. Just realized how it defeats the purpose of making ro water if u cannot measure the tds. Essentially am just rolling dice right now.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am eager to get the tds probe installed on my unit. Just realized how it defeats the purpose of making ro water if u cannot measure the tds. Essentially am just rolling dice right now.
Those inline meters are convienent but I also use a cheapo handheld from Amazon..
$10 or about s

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back