Phosphate levels reading 0.0?

kitti-fish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2024
Messages
475
Reaction score
540
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I usually don’t test my tank because nothing really causes concern but I wanted to try since I had some time during work. I did the main test but my phosphate reading from the Hana checker reads 0.0. From my understand I should be reading 0.2-0.4? I only have 4 fish, coral, an anemone, a few inverts. I feed a variety (pellets and every few days frozen food) but can’t understand why the phosphate level is low. Coral are growing well and besides my urchin passing everything is doing well. Any advice?
 
Yes, there are different ones. The lower limit of detection on some are lower than others.

In any case, I’d feed more or dose.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new