Phosphate RX and Black Tang

BTB117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Hoping for some advice. I dosed 12 drops of Phosphate RX into my tank this afternoon to lower my phosphates from .11 to .04, which worked. My black tang is now acting lethargic and is hiding.

He did eat afterwards and his breathing is not labored. He is just not grazing like normal and staying in 1 cave.

I added granulated carbon to the tank hoping it may help. Will he recover on his own or is there something I can do to help him before it’s too late?

please help!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, only thing I can add here , add airstone . best wishes
#fishmedic #reefsqaud
add volume of water for the experts

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Hoping for some advice. I dosed 12 drops of Phosphate RX into my tank this afternoon to lower my phosphates from .11 to .04, which worked. My black tang is now acting lethargic and is hiding.

He did eat afterwards and his breathing is not labored. He is just not grazing like normal and staying in 1 cave.

I added granulated carbon to the tank hoping it may help. Will he recover on his own or is there something I can do to help him before it’s too late?

please help!
Just seeing your post this morning. That product contains lanthanum chloride. When added to tank water it creates a precipitate that needs to be filtered out, else it harms the fish’s gills, especially with tangs. Carbon won’t help. Moving the fish to a new tank might help, but the best way to deal with this is to use micron level filtration on the effluent water after adding it, to trap the fine particles.
Jay

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 77.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.9%
Back