Phosphates in RODI?

SlimJim009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Recently got an rodi system and all water tests i did were very good besides phoaphate. I get a reading of about 1 on phosphate. I have the rodi buddy along with the choromine remover since I believe I have chloromine in my water. Is there supposed to be phosphates in my rodi water or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be amazing, thanks

derekgoude

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got zero tds in your water after filter and do resin, it's a test kit issue.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
agree if phos after rodi,double check ,with different test source :)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Recently got an rodi system and all water tests i did were very good besides phoaphate. I get a reading of about 1 on phosphate. I have the rodi buddy along with the choromine remover since I believe I have chloromine in my water. Is there supposed to be phosphates in my rodi water or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be amazing, thanks

What test kit are you using?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Your test kit is probably the issue. I'm not sure how it reads below one. If you have .01 are you going to interpret that as 1 with the kit? You would need a low range test kit like the hanna kits but theirs are for saltwater and I think give false readings with freshwater. I've never looked to see if they have a freshwater version.

Check out Randy's reply toward the end of this thread:

Back