Phosphates

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One time I dosed my tank to like 5ppm phosphate that seemed to do the trick : D you aren’t using gfo right? Refugium can be dialed back to 6 hours a day I am “guessing” that’s the minimum so the chaeto doesn’t die. I’m assuming you have macro algae cause I saw a red light

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphates measured .23 ppm this morning. Do start Carbon and GFO in my Reactors right away? Should I start the Carbon back up (was going to before the .23 reading)
Do a 15% WC..................? Don't think this is the way to go.
Let it come down by it's self...............
Just want to be careful I have New Corals
Thanks Again for helping

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd watch it before doing anything.
Now what do I do dang this is frustrating I know it was .23 this morning at 11:20 AM to be exact now at 3:45 PM it is zero again I'm using a Hanna checker. Yesterday I had an API Phosphate test kit that agreed with the"0" reading. I'm at a loss here I will check it again in a few hours but then if I get zero again I'm just not sure where to go at this point any any suggestions would be welcome

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd suggest only bothering to measure once each day, 24 h after the last dose.
So if I test in the morning and it's 0 maybe the .23 reading was wrong. But to be on the safe side I will dose 5ml instead of 10. Also my Refugium is doing good and My Bashea Twisted Skimmer pulls allot of **** out.

bESS6mFSSMK5hfNOYw+f1Q.jpg x6xFI8H0Q0K9y5Lv41hoHA.jpg 2WgtBYcYTTO3f6L8wjpZQA.jpg

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I just had it and wanted to see if it showed something as my Hanna is not......

328 reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if I test in the morning and it's 0 maybe the .23 reading was wrong. But to be on the safe side I will dose 5ml instead of 10. Also my Refugium is doing good and My Bashea Twisted Skimmer pulls allot of **** out.

bESS6mFSSMK5hfNOYw+f1Q.jpg x6xFI8H0Q0K9y5Lv41hoHA.jpg 2WgtBYcYTTO3f6L8wjpZQA.jpg
Question,, I have a 6-30 Twisted skimmer also. What type of pump do you feed it with? I was using a S2 from ecotech, but its not making air in the chamber and not skimming.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back