Phosphorus ULR VS Phosphate ULR

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping someone can help me with this. I have pretty much every Hanna checker they make and I tested with t phosphorus and phosphate ULR checkers and phosphorus came out to 99 which is according to the conversion chart .304ppm phosphate and the phosphate checker gave me .06.... so what do I believe here and this is a problem I've had with these 2 checkers for a while. Now i have been having issues with the tank but my ICP says its basically my trace elements thats the issue. So should I ignore the phosphorus thats crazy high or freak out and use phosphat-e and get it down? I dont understand how these 2 can be so different. Please help. Thanks

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you using the same reagents for both testers?

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would double check with someone you know or an lfs if they will test it. Also make sure the test tubes are clean, the sensors are clean and you test the water from the same location. Occasionally, you can get organic matter floating on the top of the tank that will skew the results of you accidentally get some of it in the tubes when you sample the water.

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try a retest

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If LR is closer to your ICP then I wouldn’t worry and get new ULR reagents. Especially if you aren’t having problems from higher phosphates. As stated above have LFS test it. I would do those things before dosing anything.

OP
OP
Wayofthereef

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If LR is closer to your ICP then I wouldn’t worry and get new ULR reagents. Especially if you aren’t having problems from higher phosphates. As stated above have LFS test it. I would do those things before dosing anything.
Ok... ya its been this issue with the phosphorus tester and my icp says its good. Have you guys had a hanna tester just be completely wrong 100% of the time?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230827_203057_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_203057_Chrome.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 30

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda. My lr phosphate, alk,and nitrate are all solid but my salinity pen always reads .002 low. Since it always reads low it’s useable for quick checks but I trust my refractometer. Never used any of the others.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back