Photo op tanks

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo op tanks; tanks set up to take awesome pictures that have no chance at success. This drives me absolutely crazy. You can find so many of these tanks on youtube, many ending in quick death and blood baths. These tanks influence newbies to start tanks that are destined to fail. Here is one that especially bothers me because it is a predator tank that gets alot of attention, and has influenced many of doomed tanks. Please, please, please, beware of these tanks. One important question to a; how long has the tank been set up and how long have the current fish been living together.

The only appropriate fish for this tank is the fu manchu and the clowns, under the current stock list, the clowns would likely become food at some point. An antennata lion gets to 7" with a 9" wingspan, really appropriate for a 40B, the zebra gets to a thick 7" and both these lions are very active if given space. Multiple male lions even of different species, when mature, will not tolerate each other in such a confined space, this will likely end in injury and a bacterial infection, and death. You can argue about a snowflake in a 40B, but you are not going to keep a snowflake happy in a 40B stocked like this, but he will enjoy the crabs. And a tomini tang, come on, I know he's small, but this guy cruises. Check out the feeding, I'm sure the lions and snowflake are going to live on that diet. And to top it off, a derasa and squamosa clam; any room to swim, any place to perch; no caves, no den; what a joke.

Felicia's 40 Gallon Mixed Reef Predator Tank - Marine Depot Blog

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's on marine depots website? What the f#&*! I'd expect that on youtube but not on an actual companies website. And I know most reefers only know snowflake eels as tiny 1/2" dia little things but I know how big they get and a 40b, no way! Heres the only picture I have for reference
Screenshot_20210121-210026_Photos.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back