Photo Shop Software

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to get my wife some Photo Shop software. As I got to checking into this, there are a bunch of differant types of programs out there, I saw at least 6 programs on the Adobe web site. I am not sure what to get and would like some advice. The only info I can think to give you is, shes not a pro, not even close and nerver will be. Any advice?

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If she has no one to teach her and no prior knowlage I would suggest agents it. It's a very complex program that is not tech yourself as it goes. If she does just get the standees cs4

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes the full fledged Photoshop has WAY more features a normal user will ever use. Check into Photoshop Elements, which is what I have been using. It is much cheaper than full Photoshop and has the major components that the average person would use. It is similar to the full version enough where if you learn the techniques on Elements, you can always move up if she needs more features in the future.

I have learned that the hardest thing about photo editing is just finding the time to sit down and do it. There are many YouTube videos out there to show how to use the software as well as other tutorial websites.

One thing to note, if you want to do any sort of real digital photo editing, make sure her camera takes photos in RAW mode so you have the full power of lossless images. JPEG images can be hard to edit due to already being compressed once.

Also some may also mention GIMP for editing. It is powerful, but not as user friendly. If your wife is a techie then she'd be fine with it. If not, stick with the Photoshop lines.

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have photoshop cs3 and I just bought photoshop elements 10. If for just taking pictures then buy elements if you are gonna do full website design then get photoshop cs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also download the Photoshop Elements demo from the Adobe website and see if it's enough (which I agree with cdness that it should be).

GAtroutbum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you, know enough about her camera to be dangerous... I picked my wife up a macro lens and a copy of Photoshop. Do you have any school age kids? If so you can get a pretty good student discount on it; picked it up for $180.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0 is what I started with. You can do basic masking, still edit in layers, basic editing, etc.

I created this in elements from no black background and just my hands.
310465_173677189379590_150364061710903_359584_1705197475_n.jpg

It is fairly user friendly.

If she is very new to photoshop, like said above, cs4 will probably be overwhelming at first.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just an FYI for everyone.

Adobe now offers a subscription service for most of their software. :D

Onedesign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elements....it is relatively easy to use yet quite powerful and if you are trying to figure how to do something google how to xxxx in photoshop elements...and you will get all sorts of tutorials including screen shots and video. Also when you register the software you create an account and can create albums on line to make sharing easy...they give you like 2GB for free

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back