Photo Tomfoolery to sell coral frags... your thoughts:

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to have a thread like this created based upon photos that have been re edited and displayed like this. Our original photos are extremely accurate as to how these corals look in our display under blues but what is posted in this thread is not what we ever posted...... on a side note, over time we have noticed that not all monitors, phones, displays etc present the same colors and images as to how the coral initially looked after editing. The other day in our store we held a Samsung phone display next to an Apple product which these photos were edited on and there were two completely different corals shown between the two phones. The Samsung looked saturated and while the other on the Apple phone looked extremely accurate as to how the coral looks in person. To re edit these photos in an attempt to make someone look bad just for a conversation topic in a thread is unfair.
Photos posted in this thread
494F3918-1B40-448A-B6CB-D7E9651A049F.png
75FA15F2-1191-410B-ADDE-DB3F03B93F9D.jpeg

Our original Photos
24761170-2277-463F-BD15-5F25E341EE08.jpeg
AA0A0694-E081-4C4E-8DDE-42FB20F7B6B5.jpeg

Some screens differ, yes, but I’m still doubting this explanation here. The difference is staggering.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some screens differ, yes, but I’m still doubting this explanation here. The difference is staggering.

Their photo was doctored by someone. That crazy saturated one they didn’t put out.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would someone edit an already saturated photo? Seems more likely that the vendor photos were updated on their site?
Vivids photos are actuate
They said so in their rebuttal post

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their photo was doctored by someone. That crazy saturated one they didn’t put out.
But the regular saturated one is perfectly acceptable as long as it’s not crazy?

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would someone edit an already saturated photo? Seems more likely that the vendor photos were updated on their site?
I do remember that night the photo was posted scrolling between the photos on this thread and the ones done by the vendor on the other thread and not noticing any differences like in their last post even tho they are both ridiculous to me

mich2599

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been burned by a large coral vendor on here once. Figured the largest most well known coral vendors on here were certainly legit and not doctoring the photos but I fell victim for trusting this large coral sponsor/ vendor. I did not complain I just simple never bought from them again. Corals I received were not even close to the photo posted on there website or the live sale picture. Lesson learned, when I do buy online which is not often( I have a lot of lfs’s to choose from here in SoCal) I have found that some of the coral/sponsor vendors on here give a true representation of there corals and those are the ones I purchase from now. Not to mention the crazy prices the same photo doctoring coral vendors/sponsors charge that are also the ones doctoring the photos of the corals. Get burned and you live and learn from shady business practices and the absurd prices for those same corals.
I feel you. That vendor lost my business after that rip off. Well actually 2 different vendors.

RudyvandenBerg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad service exists because we allow it. If we don't act, it will keep happening again and again and I'm sure nobody here wants to deal with someone that's dishonest and ripping people off.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
very sHADY

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unique corals will not do business with them again..
Ive bought a crap load from them.. NEVER any issues. They have them under blue LED and you have them under incandescent light. They will prob look different under blues only. Well one looks dead but that happens.

ZAB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive bought a crap load from them.. NEVER any issues. They have them under blue LED and you have them under incandescent light. They will prob look different under blues only. Well one looks dead but that happens.
I have bought lots of coral from them in the past 15 years they and they would try to make things right ....but my last few orders from them ..l follow there requirements for doa...send pics order and item no# I called them...email just get the around ...they do not respond or even answer there e mail.. l am happy for you that you are happy with unique corals.i am out 300 + dollars ...this order..
And no response except corals go through stress in shipping.give them a few weeks or months and maybe they will color up..

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back