Photography

sandman49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may sound silly but I just finished installing the Kessil A360x’s on my aquarium and I’d like to take a few pictures and when I do all my photos have a blue hue and I’ve tried just about everything to put just white light on and I’m still getting a completely blue hue over the entire tank so if anybody’s has a simple answer to what I’m doing wrong I’d appreciate it

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to change the white balance on the camera or use an orange filter. If on a phone dig around and see It has a mode that let's you change WB. My Samsung it's called pro mode. Head on over the photography sections and there are some stickies that should be helpful.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may sound silly but I just finished installing the Kessil A360x’s on my aquarium and I’d like to take a few pictures and when I do all my photos have a blue hue and I’ve tried just about everything to put just white light on and I’m still getting a completely blue hue over the entire tank so if anybody’s has a simple answer to what I’m doing wrong I’d appreciate it
I second what @exnisstech said above:
Typical reef lighting requires a different white balance or the use of an orange/yellow filter to get the same appearance as seen with the eye.

I noticed this directly one time I visited my LFS with permission to take pictures. I forgot to bring the lens adapter to fit orange/yellow filters on my camera, so I fiddled with white balance/color balance and got decent correction to real-view coloration.

Edit: This was with a Pentax DSLR camera.

Without corrected white/color balance (blue wash):
1674613844603.png

With corrected white/color balance (real view):
1674613854423.png

Last edited:
Back