Photon V1 Wired Wrong? Moonlights turn on with Whites?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jck3120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have (2) 24" Wireless Photon V1's, (1) 48" Photon V1, and recently bought another used 24" Non-wireless Photon V1. On all 3 of my current V1's, the moonlights turn on at 1% (and above) setting on the blue channel, with the rest of the blues coming on at 10% and greater (and white operate independently on the alternate channel). This one I recently bought, the moonlights come on at 1% on the white channel, and the whites don't come on until you reach 10% and above. And the blues operate independently on the other channel. This is annoying because basically I can never operate the whites at a level below 10% and I can't get my lights to look identical color-wise and it's very noticeable when looking at the tank. No matter what I do, the light looks very yellow, even at 10% white and 100% blue. It doesn't look like the light has ever been opened up, but it almost seems like the circuit or connector for the blues and whites are wired to the wrong drivers within the light. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Just disappointing that I bought this light and can't get it to look right on my tank :( Checked the SW version on the controller and the lights match.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have (2) 24" Wireless Photon V1's, (1) 48" Photon V1, and recently bought another used 24" Non-wireless Photon V1. On all 3 of my current V1's, the moonlights turn on at 1% (and above) setting on the blue channel, with the rest of the blues coming on at 10% and greater (and white operate independently on the alternate channel). This one I recently bought, the moonlights come on at 1% on the white channel, and the whites don't come on until you reach 10% and above. And the blues operate independently on the other channel. This is annoying because basically I can never operate the whites at a level below 10% and I can't get my lights to look identical color-wise and it's very noticeable when looking at the tank. No matter what I do, the light looks very yellow, even at 10% white and 100% blue. It doesn't look like the light has ever been opened up, but it almost seems like the circuit or connector for the blues and whites are wired to the wrong drivers within the light. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Just disappointing that I bought this light and can't get it to look right on my tank :( Checked the SW version on the controller and the lights match.

This is actually a really easy fix!

Just open the light, there are 3 wires coming out of the back of the controller. Unplug the top 2 wires, and switch them. That will put the moonlights on the blue channel, and the whites on their own channel.

OP
OP
J

jck3120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually a really easy fix!

Just open the light, there are 3 wires coming out of the back of the controller. Unplug the top 2 wires, and switch them. That will put the moonlights on the blue channel, and the whites on their own channel.

Awesome! Great support! Thanks again!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back