Photon V2+ w/ T5 Aquatic Life fixture Users - Question

Aquaman102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid fixture from Reef Breeders. I've got it built out using the correct end brackets for the 48" Photon V2+ light. The Photon fits between the T5's perfectly.

The problem is - I've been using the leg stands to mount the Photon to my tank prior to getting this T5 fixture.

From what I can tell, the end brackets used to attach the T5 fixture do not line up with the holes in the Photon V2+ where the leg stands hook up.

So, I'm left with hanging the lights from the ceiling, which I don't want to do, instead of using the standard leg brackets to mount the lights to the tank.

I suppose I could drill my own holes through the end brackets to get the leg mounts to pass through the bracket and into the Photon...

I've emailed Reef Breeders as well.

Just curious if there are any other Photon users that also have the Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid and use the leg stands.

Hoping I'm overlooking something.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why don't you want to hang it from the ceiling? They make wire hanging kits that are barely visible and it also gives you way more flexibility when doing maintenance, taking pictures, setting intensity levels, ect.

OP
OP
A

Aquaman102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mainly because when we sell the house we are currently in, I don't want to have to deal with patching holes in the ceiling.

Maybe it's not as impactful to the ceiling as I am picturing it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back