Photoshop help

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use imageready to make my gif's, covert PS pages I create as web pages, tweak pics for the web, etc...

You can animate pics and do all kinds of stuff with it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Adobe ImageReady is a bitmap graphics editor shipped with Adobe Photoshop by Adobe Systems. It is available on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms.

ImageReady has fewer features than Photoshop and is designed for quick editing of web graphics rather than effects-intensive graphics editing. To that end, ImageReady has specialized features such as animated GIF creation, image compression optimization, image slicing and rollover effects, and HTML generation.

The Photoshop Toolbox has a quick link to ImageReady — the Jump to ImageReady button enables editing of the current image directly in ImageReady.

The toolbox is similar to Photoshop's toolbox. One set of tools that looks different, however, is the Image Map set of tools, indicated by a shape or arrow with a hand. ImageReady is provided with the Photoshop demo version, but whereas the Photoshop trial expires after 30 days (hence locking the application), ImageReady remains usable, leaving your computer with a ‘Photoshop Lite’ perfect for the occasions when Windows Paint isn’t enough.

The toolbox includes several features not found in Photoshop, including:

* Toggle Image Map Visibility and Toggle Slice Visibility tools — These tools toggle between showing and hiding image maps and slices, respectively.
* Preview Document tool — This tool provides a preview of rollover effects in ImageReady rather than viewing them in a browser.
* Preview in Default Browser tool — This tool previews the image in a browser, including any rollover or animation effects.
* Jump to Photoshop — This button opens the current image in Photoshop.

Found this.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm getting the upgrade.

I have a link for a free CS3 beta program for those that have CS2.

Last edited:

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

rottface4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main program I use for my pic is google picasa2. Best of all its free and very easy to use. I find that uses it force me to not get tempted in shifting colors like you can in PS and it takes a lot less time. All I do is 'I feel lucky' (auto color and contrast I think), crop if need be (all though I don't like the crop feature because it seems to stretch the picture), and sharpen. Takes like 10 seconds.

Ok back to the topic though. A guy I work with takes his photos in the RAW and uses photoshop. Last time I talked to him about raw photos he was using software to convert it into a PS usuable format. I'll see if he found away to go directly into photoshop.

Last edited:

JeffReef

Got Zoa Pox?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of RAW files do you have? If you have a newer camera, you may have to download an update for your Photoshop CS2. My CS2 version is 9.0.2 and can open RAW files from my Canon 20D (CR2 files) and can also open RAW files from my Sigma SD10 (X3F files). Not all RAW files are the same. Each camera maker has their own proprietary RAW file (as I understand it).

I'm a new photoshop user as well and I'm finding out that there's a lot to learn.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this post my photoshop cs2 free trail has expired. I think I my try photoshop elemants. From what I hear it has all the basic things that cs2 had for alot cheaper price. I really had no clue how to use cs2. I just did auto fix on all my pics anyway. And I also still have no clue how to process a raw file.

czieler

Reefin' Girl
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that on one of my computers and regular photoshop on my other....elements is ok...somethings are easier...but some things you can't do in there...although for the purposes of tank photography...should work fine for you.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
elements works great, i used it for months before getting cs2, and i still use it more

czieler

Reefin' Girl
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry ... didn't notice the response til now...

Yeah it has auto levels and auto contrast :) and when I look in file/open..I see .RAW as a format.

OP
OP
JGoslee

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replying. Ill be getting it next week. The auto levels and contrast are the bomb! Thay make the pic look exactly like it does in the tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.6%
Back