Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks a bit better.

Much, thank you for the UV sterilizer recommendation.

If I had a full week to have planned for the clams probably would have worked. They were making progress on the tank. However, not fast enough to get the tank back in condition to host a reef club meeting.

+1 for @Reef Nutrition

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much, thank you for the UV sterilizer recommendation.

If I had a full week to have planned for the clams probably would have worked. They were making progress on the tank. However, not fast enough to get the tank back in condition to host a reef club meeting.

+1 for @Reef Nutrition

Glad to hear it's working out. Did you get some carbon on the system? That will clean up all the dead algal cells as well as the organic materials leaking from the lysed ones.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would give everyone an update, it took about 48 hours until the phyto bloom was completely cleared out by the UV sterilizer. Now my tank is clearer than I have ever seen it before.
IMG_20170126_190219.jpg

Thank you @Reef Nutrition for your experience/advice. I should have listened sooner.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would give everyone an update, it took about 48 hours until the phyto bloom was completely cleared out by the UV sterilizer. Now my tank is clearer than I have ever seen it before.
IMG_20170126_190219.jpg

Thank you @Reef Nutrition for your experience/advice. I should have listened sooner.

Anytime. The tank looks great now! Glad everything worked out.

bruleyii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. It's a bit of a bummer you didnt have time for the clams to do their job. Did you keep any or did they all end up as chowder?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back