Phyto feast smell test

Gexx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Ive had a bottle of phyto feast for a while now and have been using it intermittedly. I did a "smell test" today to see if it was ok (never really smelled it before) and it smelled like fresh imitation crab meat. I assume this is the normal smell for good phyto feast, but just wanted confirmation.

Ive heard when it goes bad it smells like sulfur/rotten eggs.

Just wanted some input

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Ive had a bottle of phyto feast for a while now and have been using it intermittedly. I did a "smell test" today to see if it was ok (never really smelled it before) and it smelled like fresh imitation crab meat. I assume this is the normal smell for good phyto feast, but just wanted confirmation.

Just wanted some input

Yeah if it smells like algae or seafood then should be ok. Also probably even if it’s gone bad it’s unlikely to do much harm...

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Just wanted some input

Yes; if you detect the smell of "rotten eggs" (hydrogen sulfide gas), then it has gone bad. Sounds like your bottle is good to go.

Thanks for posting this. If you ever have any other questions about our products, don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,
Chad
Team Reef Nutrition

mnoll406

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes; if you detect the smell of "rotten eggs" (hydrogen sulfide gas), then it has gone bad. Sounds like your bottle is good to go.

Thanks for posting this. If you ever have any other questions about our products, don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,
Chad
Team Reef Nutrition
I just bought a bottle from my local shop that smells like a sewer when opened. How do I go about getting a refund/replacement, shop or through reef nutrition?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a bottle from my local shop that smells like a sewer when opened. How do I go about getting a refund/replacement, shop or through reef nutrition?
Please reach out to your shop. I'm going to reach out to you privately to get more details. Thanks for asking here.

Chad

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back