Phyto species - does it really matter?

Formulator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
2,759
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to start culturing my own phytoplankton because I’m tired of paying for it. I’ve seen folks with multiple cultures of various species. What are the benefits of feeding multiple different species vs just the run of the mill green stuff? Is it worth it?
 
supposedly when raising rotifers as fry food it does. The different species have different nutrition profiles but my guess is if just throwing it in to feed coral polyps, I’m sure the difference is minimal
IME nano whatever it’s called is the easiest, or those so called “blends” which drift into a mono culture eventually anyway
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new