• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Phytoplankton and copepod culturing kits $69.99-$249.99

Item Price
$69.99-$249.99
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Buyer Protection
  1. YES I agree and I understand that as a seller I may not ask for payment through platforms that do not offer buyer’s protection.
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE!

H
APPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

THREAD AD GIFT.png

Help us celebrate Kent’s Birthday!!
April 27, 2024 he turns 56 (yep older than dirt). What does he want for his birthday?

Peace and goodwill to everyone!!

Yep he is so noble.

Actually he wants orders, lots of orders. So to make this happen @Ocean_Queenie has decided to give gifts to all of our customers, and a discount on all orders.

SAVE 15% OFF
ORDER TOTAL
NO CODE NEEDED

PLUS SPEND OVER $56 AND RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!!
Make any purchase no minimum required before Monday 4/29/2024 and you will receive a free gift as we unveil a new and exciting offering (not product).

If your order is over $56 you will receive not only this gift, but also a bonus product of our choice. What will this be?

We will prepare additional products throughout our entire product offerings and randomly choose one to add to your package. These will include everything from an 8 Oz Phyto Buffet to a Gallon of Titanic Copepod Buffet. Bonus gifts will not necessarily be determined by purchase size, but due to shipping costs it is unlikely that a smaller purchase would receive a Gallon of product as the shipping could exceed the purchase price. However each gift will be a nice addition to any aquarium.

www.reefbysteele.com

THANK YOU REEF2REEF COMMUNITY

We Got The Reef!

SO ORDER NOW AND EXPERIENCE THE STEELE ADVANTAGE.

www.reefbysteele.com

Want to cultured your own phytoplankton and/or copepods?

We have a culturing kit for you. Ready to go upon arrival, you supply an air pump and fresh saltwater, then you can be set up and running same day.

Get the basic set up (active vessels) or the harvest ready double pack (active vessels plus back up vessels for Harvest/Split day.
What is included in The kit?

IMG_5913.JPG

1 gallon glass jar w/plastic lid w/liner seal pre-drilled for input line and vent - rigid air line, 5’ airline for each active vessel, check valve and air adjustment valve for each active vessel. Back up vessels include above supplies minus the 5’ airline.
Dimmable 13” 3000K full spectrum LED strip lights, two strips for single and double kits, 4 strips on triple kits.

IMG_6408.jpeg

Also includes:
16 Oz phyto starter 1 or 2 depending on kit
Dual 13” LED 3000K full spectrum light for each active phyto vessel.
16 Oz pods your choice
8 Oz Guillards F/2
8 Oz of Silicate for Diatom.
How to guide Emailed after purchase
Personal support answer to questions to help you be successful.

Active vessel means vessel in use
Back up vessel is extra vessel to be cleaned and ready to go for harvest day.

IMG_5917.JPG

$69.99
1 active vessel kit.
Comes with 1 phyto starter
$89.99
Add back up vessel total

$74.99
1 active vessel kit (diatom)
Comes with 1 diatom phyto starter and silicate
$94.99
Add back up vessel total

$99.99
2 active vessel kit
Comes with 1 phyto starter and 1 pod starter
$149.99
Add 2 back up vessel total

$104.99
2 active vessel kit (diatom)
Comes with 1 diatom phyto starter, silicate and 1 pod starter
$159.99

$159.99
3 active vessel kit
Comes with 2 phyto starter and 1 pod starter
$239.99

$164.99
3 active vessel kit (diatom)
Comes with 1 phyto starter, 1 diatom phyto starter, silicate and 1 pod starter
$244.99

$164.99
3 active vessel kit (2 diatoms)
Comes with 2 diatom phyto starters silicate and 1 pod.
$249.99

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL KITS

Thank-you
Kent & Sherry

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Light??? Or are you supposed to place near window or something?
Yes it includes a dual 13” light strip sorry was pretty late last night when I got this set up.

IMG_6408.jpeg

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited to launch this new offer. Check us out here.

www.reef2reef.com

Nebraska - Live Goods - SPONSOR - Phyto and Pods! ALL YOUR REEF CAN EAT

Pods, Pods, Pods, Phyto, Phyto, Phyto We have it all at great prices. Harvested fresh weekly and Shipped on Monday/Tuesday each week Priority Mail or UPS whichever predicts earliest arrival to your zip! We accept PayPal and Venmo! PM details. Choose From Blended Pods Tigriopus, Apocyclops...
www.reef2reef.com
www.reef2reef.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited to announce the launch of our Website. @Ocean_Queenie and I have invested a lot of time and effort in the preparations. We still need to add some photos and updated photos. Please let us know what you think and any suggestions.

And we have added FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING OVER $50 when purchased from the website. Get your pods faster.

www.reefbysteele.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Bookmarking your site, Dec/Jan once we're finally in our new house I want to start this up!
That is awesome. If you need to add some before you can start your own, Sherry and I just launched our website yesterday. Check us out at www.reefbysteele.com. Use R2RWEB by midnight Central time and save 10%.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are so excited to announce the launch of our Website. @Ocean_Queenie and I have invested a lot of time and effort in the preparations. We still need to add some photos and updated photos. Please let us know what you think and any suggestions.

And TODAY ONLY UNTIL MIDNIGHT place a first time order with us here or on our website and receive a discount code for 10% OFF your next order.

www.reefbysteele.com

And we have added FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING OVER $50 when purchased from the website. Get your pods faster.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be placing an order this Friday when I get paid. Congratz on the site guys. Best of luck and since I am in Denver I look forward to having a close supplier.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would it take with your kit to generate enough phyto and pods to dose a 210g and 40g tanks weekly?

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie and I are so grateful to all our friends and customers in Reef2Reef. Great week of sales, but even more importantly is the number of people who have reached out asking about my shoulder and wishing us luck. Thanks all.
We can still take orders at www.reefbysteele.com for 2 day shipping for tomorrow. Then everything else will have to ship next week. First time customers receive a coupon code for 10% off your next order.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Tonight @Ocean_Queenie is going to set up one of our culturing kit to see if she can be successful by following our instruction sheet. No, she has never cultured anything before. I will answer any questions just as I will for customers, but this is all on her. We think it will be a great experiment. It was her idea. I’m going to give her a challenge and start her with Isochrysis as one of her phytoplanktons. Going to culture Apocyclops. She will be starting with the same starters that we ship our customers.

Check them out here.

reefbysteele.com

Plankton Culturing Kits

Everything you need for culturing except Saltwater and an air pump!
reefbysteele.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie got her cultures going last night. We are experimenting so we can make the best suggestions. She started with a Top Fin air pump designed for a 20 gallon aquarium and it seemed to be enough for both phyto cultures to roil, and small stream of bubbles for pods. However this morning there was no air flow in the second phyto culture so I switched to a 40 gallon recommended Top Fin air pump and will reevaluate later.

Small change, as we were preparing to set up, Sherry asked what the pinkish red phyto was, and so since she loves pink, we switched to Rhodosomas salinas for her second culture. This is the one deprived of air for part of the night last night so we will keep an eye on it. Note that the Rhodo culture is set farther from the lights as it wants to be eased into full light over a few days. Here is what the setup looks like. Sherry is excited and says if she can do it, anybody can.

IMG_6446.jpeg

Check them out here.

reefbysteele.com

Plankton Culturing Kits

Everything you need for culturing except Saltwater and an air pump!
reefbysteele.com

Or check out the new website
www.reefbysteele.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie is checking her cultures and they are growing. Still a little worried about the Rhodosomas salinas as it didn’t have flow the first night. But it appears to be in suspension so might be OK. Still a day or so before she is supposed to move them closer to the lights.

Last night I sieved and reset one of our pod collections. Tigriopus, Tisbe, and Apocyclops are all ready to go. Awesome density. They are literally mowing through the phyto, hungry pods are healthy pods.

IMG_6456.jpeg

Just a little look at some of them.

Visit www.reefbysteele.com to order or PM us here with questions.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Ocean_Queenie is checking her cultures and they are growing. Still a little worried about the Rhodosomas salinas as it didn’t have flow the first night. But it appears to be in suspension so might be OK. I think she will wait until tomorrow to move closer to the lights.

We are going to have a great harvest this week. Place your orders soon at www.reefbysteele.com soon to get yours reserved. FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING on orders over $50. And our customer satisfaction guarantee is your assurance of receiving great quality.

Use code R2RLOVEPODS for 10% OFF.

Check out these Tigs

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
IMG_6014.jpeg

Deep rich 10 species phyto for healthy reef. We have a dense population of pods this week. Get our Plankton Buffet and give your reef ALL IT CAN EAT!

Use R2RLOVEPODS coupon code for 10% OFF.

www.reefbysteele.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So @Ocean_Queenie has had her culture going for 7 day now and it is looking really good. Not quotes done, but with losing air to her Rhodosomas on the first night she is super pleased. Here is what it is looking like now.

IMG_6483.jpeg

Notice the pod water is really light, so she poured a little water through a sieve and man was she impressed with the number of Apocyclops pods she has grown. She added them back and added a little more phyto. And this is what it looks like with the lights on.

IMG_6492.jpeg

Notice how much lighter the phyto looks when lit. You have to turn the lights off to check it as you can see how dark it is in the first picture. She is going to split and restart her phyto when we get back from picking up our daughter from school.

Here is a peek at her pods.

Place your orders soon at

www.reefbysteele.com.

Save 10% and FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING over $50 and FREE PRIORITY MAIL over $25.

Use coupon code R2RLOVEPODS.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So the debate is on, does @Ocean_Queenie keep her phyto she harvests to dose to a tank? She will have to keep a portion to feed her Apocyclops copepods because she has decided to keep her cultures going. So please give us your vote in the comments!!

Does my wife

A. Sell her phytoplankton?

B. Give it away as a gift with purchase?

C. Use it to dose our Red Sea 350?

D. Evaporate it and make some health/nutrition product?

www.reefbysteele.com
Coupon R2RLOVEPODS for 10% OFF

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We have about 2 gallons of pods and 4 gallons of phyto that could be shipped Monday.

Here are a couple of examples of what our customers are saying about us. Thank you so much.

IMG_6503.jpeg

IMG_6505.jpeg

Remember to use COUPON CODE - R2RLOVEPODS at check out for 10% OFF

www.reefbysteele.com

FREE SHIPPING AT $25
FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING AT $50

A little secret, our Black Friday Sale will offer bonus discounts for customers who have purchased from the website before the sale starts.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back