Phytoplankton culture lighting placement

Grizzly_Jordy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
22
Reaction score
9
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started my phytoplankton culture and was wondering which placement of the light would be better. Right against the phyto or on top?

20230324_154531.jpg 20230324_154504.jpg
 
We light the side of the culture container.
Thanks I'll try that, i have some of the phyto y'all sell from my lfs and it's pretty stinky and dark in color, I'm guessing it might be a lil old and dying. Would this bottle still be ok to dose into my tank or into my copepod culture?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new