Phytoplankton culture

fishmaster818

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
932
Reaction score
5
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to start culturing phytoplankton and since im only going to start with to 500 ml bottles could i use one cfl 6500k light bulb
 
That should work just fine. I use 2 liter soda bottles, and sit two of the them in a bucket and I have one CFL bulb in a cheap fixture clamped on to the bucket and it works perfectly!
 
That should work just fine. I use 2 liter soda bottles, and sit two of the them in a bucket and I have one CFL bulb in a cheap fixture clamped on to the bucket and it works perfectly!

Okay cool thanks
 
That should work just fine. I use 2 liter soda bottles, and sit two of the them in a bucket and I have one CFL bulb in a cheap fixture clamped on to the bucket and it works perfectly!

What do you use to feed your phytoplankton i heard miracle grow liguid fertilizer works
 
I bought Micro Algae Grow from Florida Aqua Farms, that's where I got my culture too. I've heard miracle grow works too though! I just wanted to get the "official" stuff because I was new to culturing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new