Phytoplankton density

  • Thread starter Thread starter alp5747
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alp5747

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2024
Messages
81
Reaction score
16
Location
EU
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been growing a few different types of phytoplankton for a few months but I can’t reach the density of the bottle from the vendor.
Mainly Rhodomonas and T-Isochrysis

I run salinity of 32 ppt
Room temperature
1 ml f2 per liter
And around 4000 and 6500k led bulbs

I am not sure if the vendor is running CO2, but if they are that could be the reason for a smaller density

I hope anyone could help me out thanks.
 
1728574788190.gif
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new