Picasso and Platinum pair

Jeremym420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was lucky enough to get a ORA Platinum clown from the store i work at. I was a bit nervous that my Picasso would be agressive toward the new one, but they almost immediately paired right up. I took the video shortly after i introduced the platinum after a couple days in a breeder trap. Some of the corals in the video look a bit closed up...this is because the video was taken right after i turned on the actinics in the early morning. Has anyone raised babies from a picasso/platinum pair, and do they throw any interesting morphs? It's been about a week since i introduced the platinum and the picasso's belly is now very plump like she's full of eggs.

P8210453.flv video by jdam123 - Photobucket

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice!! I think it would be too soon for them to start breeding ( 1 week ), but good luck if u do, now I have a pair of picassos that I have on a JBJ nano (12 gallons), and at least once a week I find my male Picasso on the overflow box meaning that they are jumpers so espeacially that they bearly started bonding theirs going to be some aggresion, I would cover the tank, good luck.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a SWEET looking platinum!!!

OP
OP
Jeremym420

Jeremym420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far absolutely no agression. I also have a flamefin tang in the tank that is pretty agressive towards new additions. So far, when the flamefin trys to go after the platinum, the picasso gets in between them and the tang backs off. I know it is too early for them to start laying eggs, but i definately have noticed the picasso's belly is really fat compared to how she was before the platinum was added.

suttumlikapimp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet platinum Jeremy this is Matt Pimpinitup from reef central. did you get my message about the bgm?

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeremy, if I remember correctly, the color morphs are just that... a morph. Breeding two picassos together doesn't guarantee a litter of picasso's. I imagine that you could "push" a clutch to have certain characteristics based on incubation temperature and such, but it's not like breeding dogs where color is an inherited trait and not a morph.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome clowns!

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back