Pick my Toadstool location.

joekidwell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
287
Reaction score
189
Location
Greeneville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have some new corals showing up tomorrow, one of them is a toadstool leather. I'm planing on fragging it out to the lfs whenever it gets too big. Would you place it on the sandbed where the hammer is, the sandbed under the powerhead or on that little perch on the right hand side about mid ways up? Lighting is an AI prime Hd only flow is from the mp 10, I figured it would be happer on the sandbed right in the middle under the flow and it wouldn't shadow any other corals as it grows.

20200922_173409.jpg
 
Mid tank in the path of moderate light and water flow
 
As a large mature toadstool owner, I would advise to place it on its own rock structure if possible. They can move and climb in time. Where they move on the rocks can leave “babies” from tissue left behind.

15806583-8665-4CA6-BF96-5DFC302151A1.jpeg
 
Left side bottom rockwork, make that entire section where your toadstool can flourish!

Looking forward to seeing it.
I believe this is what I'm gonna do, that area on the left was starting to be a zoa garden, I just added another rock to the right that will make a cooler looking garden so the toadstoll can have its flow on the left.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new