Picky Eating Wrasse

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by techhnyne, Nov 10, 2017.

1. techhnyne

techhnyne Well-Known Member

I have some wrasse they are extremely picky eaters unless they are just not pig eaters like my tang clownfish and chromis, thise fish devour everything i put in the tank but the wrasse just swim by and pick off a crumb or something very slowly while the others go crazy.

is that normal or what are you guys feeding your wrasse?

Tags:

2. eatbreakfast

eatbreakfast Fish Nerd Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Expert Contributor Partner Member Partner Member 2018

What kind of wrasse is it? There are some varieties that can be picky when first introduced but most will pretty quickly eat anything offered.

3. techhnyne

leanitas, scotts and eight line wrasse they both eat bot dont go crazy like the others

4. saltyhog

saltyhog Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Partner Member 2018

A bit unusual in my limited experience. My wrasses (Cirrhilabrus, Halichoeres, Paracheilinus and Macropharyngodon) are voracious eaters. They steal food from the mouths of some of my slower eaters and even my purple tang sometimes.

How long have they been in the tank? Do they appear healthy?

eatbreakfast and Maritimer like this.
  5. techhnyne

they appear healthy they also are real slow on seeing the food where as other guys are already waiting at the top when i walk over these guys swim around not paying attention and only see the food after the other guys ate half haha

Draft saved Draft deleted