Pico for daughter

Gretchacha

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2023
Messages
298
Reaction score
179
Location
madison
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2.5 G pico build with sponge filter

I am turning a pico tank into a display tank for my daughter’s bedroom. I plan to use a sponge filter with ceramic balls powered by airline with pom pom red macro algae as the filter.

Currently the tank has sand and shells, red pom pom algae, frag rack with soft corals, an urchin and a large hermit crab.

I am cycling rocks with the sponge filter currently and will add a fire shrimp and possibly a yellow clown goby. Probably will just have soft corals and maybe acans. Here is the current contents. I’m also battling dinoflagellates in all tanks right now, and hopefully that disappears soon.

6CF7E495-A1EC-44B1-A961-191003534597.jpeg
 
Nice looking pico!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new