Pictures: Dino or Cyano?

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi , I went from cyano to Dino’s and tried various methods including multiple bacteria strains and quit all aminos/ reeef roids no whites you name it and what worked for me was uv-c light I have a 60g I bought a 18w and plumbed it directly to the display with a 180gph pump And within 24 hours 50% was gone and in 3 days not a slime bubble in sight but I believe it does not work with every form of dinoflagellates I guess I was lucky.

OP
OP
blackstallion

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a 3 day black out has nearly obliterated all the ugly...which I have to assume now was Dino's. I also raised temp to 80.5F.

How do I proceed from here though? Do I need to run carbon? There are no fish in the tank for at least another couple weeks, so would aggressive skimming do the trick with no Carbon?

I also purchased some Dino X. Do I hold off on using it or should I preempt any additional outbreak and dose Dino X?

IMG_1525.jpg
IMG_1524.jpg

OP
OP
blackstallion

blackstallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dosed ChemiClean 24hrs ago for what I thought was Cyano, but, this is what it looks like. Does Cyano do this? ie. looks like red hair algae waving in the flow. I will wait another 24hrs BUT I somehow don't think it will help as it's not receding at this point yet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.1%
Back