Pills for autoaqua smart stir where to buy?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where to buy additional pills for the autoaqua smart stir? I just spent 12 minutes shaking vials and think its time for a stirrer. I can find the smart stir all over but no extra pills anywhere. Coralview as them listed and on sale (clearance?) but they will not sell them to the public per the website. Premium aquatics has them listed as discontinued. There are probably alternatives but this is all new tech for me and don't have the stirrer yet to measure the pill and wont buy one until I know I can get pills.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I got because the original lasted about a week before it went down the drain (oops) and I didn’t realize it til later. The stirrer is a lifesaver at least for consistency.

That's what I was about to say! I'm sure lab grade stirrers would be at least as good

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw, I've never tried this, but I've heard that marbles will actually work just as well on a stir plate.

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I got because the original lasted about a week before it went down the drain (oops) and I didn’t realize it til later. The stirrer is a lifesaver at least for consistency.

Lol. Amazing how fast they disappear down the drain. Soon as water hit it, it popped out my fingers and was gone. I thought I was the only one to do this

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Amazing how fast they disappear down the drain. Soon as water hit it, it popped out my fingers and was gone. I thought I was the only one to do this

They sell long Teflon rods with magnets on the end to draw stir bars out of solutions, but they will also work well to pull them out of drain traps.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell long Teflon rods with magnets on the end to draw stir bars out of solutions, but they will also work well to pull them out of drain traps.
As long as you remember right away... not 2 days later when your like Oh Crap :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No retail sales tho
Screenshot_20231217_094552_Chrome.jpg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as you remember right away... not 2 days later when your like Oh Crap :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

The tiny ones (often called fleas) may well flush away, but the larger ones we used in the lab stayed. I can recall pulling up about a dozen from a single trap, all coated with months worth of crap. lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back