Pinched mantle?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
20
Location
Columbus Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My duresa clam looks like it has pinched mantle, what can I do?
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1373234411.358409.jpg

As you can see the rear part of the shell is in question. The mantle does not go over one part.
 
If you have GFO on the tank remove it ASAP. Then run some carbon with a lot of flow through it and change it every two days. If it hasn't started to look better in say 4 days then I'd suggest dipping it.

BTW what fish and inverts do you have?
 
If you have GFO on the tank remove it ASAP. Then run some carbon with a lot of flow through it and change it every two days. If it hasn't started to look better in say 4 days then I'd suggest dipping it.

BTW what fish and inverts do you have?

No GFO, and I have an emerald crab I never see, 4-5 peppermint shrimp, a Lubbocks fairy wrasse, blue damselx2, and a pair of onxy clowns. Oh and a diamond watchmen goby
 
Okay now he's not opening as wide as normal. I want to check him for any pests but his foot is solid on there.
 
Cut a plastic bottle in half and fill it full of 1/4" holes and place it over the clam to shield it. I'm betting that your shrimp are pestering it.
 
ditch the emerald... he's probably snacking on it at some point during the day. mine got banished to the sump 20 minutes after adding a clam..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new