Pinched mantle

I still see some of the left, second fold up from the bottom. Probably worthwhile to dip again.
 
Here it is 24 hours after 2nd dip

384f1756e8b61df8c52fcb4a38636708.jpg
 
thank you. and this was not fully happy either as I had to block the light behind the camera to get the photo. this is a very reactive clam. and I love the contrast with the corals below it.

The fireball near it has been rapidly growing. hopefully it will stay away.
 
Last edited:
Goofy clam. It decided to jump off the top. Maybe I'll see how it does on the bottom glass away from all annoying others. It was open and happy down there. I should have plenty of light for it. When do they begin to stop the byssal threads?
 
I'm kinda happy it jumped down because looking at your last pic that RBTA is awfully close to it!! :eek:
 
Not sure skins is still around but I think I remember him saying you can stick carbon and an extra air stone to help alleviate the PM. I've only dipped a clam once and was stressed about it the whole time. Not sure I'd do it again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new