Pincushion Spine Colors?

michaelzoellner

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently purchased two pincushion urchins from my lfs. Noticed one has pure white spines, while the other has black tips on its white spines. Is this normal, or do the black tips mean anything?
IMG_3892.jpeg
IMG_3891.jpeg
 
I believe these can be normal color variations for these urchins.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new